HoutsNet Logic Test

Here's a brain teaser written by Albert Einstein. He said that 98% of the people in the world could not solve it. Are you among the other 2%? We solved it in about 15 minutes. We know a few people who solved it in 20 to 45 minutes. It's not that hard, but you might want to print this page before trying to solve it.
You should change your left and right page margins to be .25 and your top and bottom page margins to be .5 before printing.
Here it is:

There are five houses in five different colors.

In each house lives a different person with a different nationality. These five owners drink a certain beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet.

No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same drink.

 The Brit lives in a red house
 The Swede keeps dogs as pets
 The Dane drinks tea
 The green house is on the left of the white house
 The green house owner drinks coffee
 The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds
 The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill
 The man living in the center house drinks milk
 The Norwegian lives in the first house
 The man who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats
 The man who keeps horses lives next to the one who smokes Dunhill
 The owner who smokes Blue Master drinks beer
 The German smokes Prince
 The Norwegian lives next to the blue house
 The man who smokes Blend has a neighbor who drinks water
If you are stuck, try these hints:

Question: Who keeps the fish?

Use the boxes below to work out the answer.

  House 1 House 2 House 3 House 4 House 5

Check off each item below as they are used:

Red Brit Tea Pall Mall Dogs
Green Swede Coffee Dunhill Birds
White Dane Milk Blend Cats
Yellow Norwegian Beer Blue Master Horses
Blue German Water Prince Fish

If you can't solve it and would like more help, send email to the Webmaster